Tuktu Stir Fry
Healthy and tasty stir fry that's so easy to make, kids can do it! Use tuktu (caribou) for a nutritious and sustainable meal.
Recipe by Qaviajak Baker
Oil (vegetable, canola, or olive)
Garlic powder (or fresh minced garlic)
1. Measure 4 cups of water into a large saucepan. Add a tablespoon of oil or butter to the water.
2. Bring the water to a boil over high heat.
3. Add 2 cups of rice and turn down the heat to low or medium low.
4. Stir and allow to simmer (gently bubble), put the lid on.
5. Allow to cook on low until all the water is absorbed and the rice is tender.
6. Chop up peppers and onions into long strips and set aside.
7. Heat oil in a large frying pan or wok on medium heat.
8. Cut tuktu into long strips and add to heated pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, until meat is browned.
9. Add vegetables and continue to stir occasionally.
10. Mix together 2 tablespoons of soya sauce, 1/4 cup of water and 1/8 teaspoon of garlic.
11. Add the sauce mixture to the frying pan, stir and turn down the heat to medium.
12. Allow the sauce to simmer until thickened.
Serve stir fry on top of rice and enjoy!